Discord alternative. Click here ×

GM Drawing Contest

Origin

Greetings, artists and art lovers!

At Origin World, we always seek to inspire you to create, explore, and have fun. We hope this event was as much of a fun experience for you as it was for us. It's incredible how a slight change of habit and a playful distraction can influence our mood for the better.

But let's get down to business, shall we?
First, the honorable mentions:

884875254_HonorableMentions(1).thumb.png.85b96c143b45569627fbfddf6d90ef54.png

(Tap the image for a better view)

• The first (from left to right) is Wafelia's (Wafel#0216) representation of the GM Judge. This beautiful drawing almost made it into our top 3. Our designer praised the contre-plongée choice of angle in the composition. According to him, it gave the character an aspect of superiority, suited to his position, but without seeming pretentious. Well-balanced and beautifully framed in the vertical.
  • Our beloved hoarder Koii (arby#9728) is the artist of our second honorable mention. The chibi-like composition is familiar to those who know Arby's style. The contrast between darker colors and a cute figure is incredibly well done. Only he could turn a grumpy Judge into a cute chibi.
  • This one could not be left out. Esme's (esm#3569) drawing made us laugh really hard while judging the submissions. The humor touch and a well-placed setting make this composition special for anyone who's played Origin World long enough. The only mistake is that the Judge has been sitting for over a year already.
  • Khaleesi's (Khaleesi#8908) representation of GM Anubis is gorgeous. It is well contextualized, has firm lines, and has an appealing appearance. We are sure that if the event was a bit longer, Khaleesi would be a strong candidate for the top 3.
  • We loved amidamaru's (amidamaru#6886) composition of Anubis. Although simple, it has personality and a well-defined setting within the game. The traditional pencil-paper way of drawing gave us nostalgia and a very unexpected recollection of the old days.
  • MintSwordie's (MintSwordie#3572) creation is full of references; it beautifully replicates the fun and friendly atmosphere of our server. The most impressive detail, however, is that it was made entirely using a mouse. Never play Gartic against MintSwordie.

Honorable mentions will receive 5,000 Catnips by July 31st.

Top 3

Most Beautiful

Artist: Aurenitta
Art commissions: altnoire#7246

Aurenita's creation is a delight for the eyes. All three GMs were represented beautifully, with the tower in the background against a starry sky, much like the one we find on Midgard late in the night. Thank you Aurenetta for this wonderful piece, and for giving us a new wallpaper.

Anubis: I really find this fantastic, so much so that I'm using it as wallpaper.

Iridescent: It's one of the most beautiful draws of RO I ever seen She was able to capture not only the characters but, it has an aura, a feeling that we can clearly notice in the draw.

Most Unexpected

Artist: Mushi
Art commissions: mushi#9365

Okay, first of all, I (Judge) am starting the "Tattoo it, Anubis" campaign. This piece needs to be immortalized. Mushi's creation shows Anubis, with his iconic headgear in a striking geometric blackwork style. The watercolor touch on the face makes everything even more beautiful, creating a contrast between black and colors. Unexpected; beautifully done, Mush.

Anubis: This art is more than a drawing, it's poetic.

Iridescent: It's not only beautiful, but artful. The techniques he used, the chosen way to display Anubis not as a Jackal but a man hinting us to be a berserker with a headgear of Anubis. I never expected to see something like this so it was truly unexpected.

The Funniest

Artist: React
Art commissions: Kimi#1071

React created an amusing cartoon of how Anubis was traumatized by his visit to the Tower. I must confess that this creation simulates very well what the Anubis event with the Tower was like. Hang in there, Anubis.

Anubis: Even though it seems like a simple art, it is very fun and we can spend a few moments noticing the richness in the details.

Iridescent: OMG that one IS funny. I laughed so much when I first saw it. Me hiding, leaving Anubis to Judge to carry, and Anubis passed out, the expressions in their faces, and capturing a a run from the Constellation Tower. Also it would be totally me to do something like that hahahahahahahaha

The top 3 will receive 25,000 Catnips by July 31st.

Every participant, except for winners, honorable mentions and disqualified submissions will receive 1,000 Catnips by July 31st.

List of submissions: https://sites.google.com/view/author-unknown/draw-the-gms-event